Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Crochet mandala earrings

I've already told you about making mandala for Yarndale 2014 festival in my previous post. Crocheting mandalas is so pleasant and inspiring, that I decided to make a few more, but in a smaller size and create an earrings. At the same time I didn't want to send an envelope with a single mandala to Lucy, I wanted to put a little handmade present for her. I have been reading Lucy's Attic24 blog for several years already and I'm so thankful that she writes it, it's so cozy, colorful and inspiring, it's like a sunshine in blogland that warms hundreds of grateful readers. Thank you Lucy for what you do!

So that's how this two pairs of crochet mandala earrings appeared. I used the pattern for cup coasters from here - it's a reworked crochet circle motif pattern from 1893 and it reminds a flower a little bit.
First pair of earrings is mono-color - in gorgeous blue.

And another one is in a combination of grey, purple, light blue and darker blue. I adore each of these colors. The colorful one of course goes to Lucy as she is the queen of colors :) and another one will stay in my crochet jewelry collection. Hope she will like it.

By the way, do try this cute easy pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try this cute, easy pattern if I could find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra Masters .. it's here ;)
    https://thegreendragonfly.wordpress.com/category/free-pattern/page/3/

    ReplyDelete